Standard Distribution Policy of Sales
This document supercedes all other written forms
Effective: October 15, 2017
- $100.00 per order/release. Orders below $100.00 will incur a $25.00 dollar service charge.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
Freight Allowance: All products are shipped via F.O.B. point of shipment.
- Electronic Wire and Cables, Fiber Optic Products: Orders equal to or greater than $2,500 will be shipped prepaid with freight allowed to delivery points in the continental United States. When orders cannot be shipped complete, freight terms on subsequent shipments are determined by the value of the original order. Accordingly, if the original order does not qualify for prepaid freight, like-wise no shipments including backorders against that order qualify for prepaid freight.
- Tubing, Conduit, Insulation and Cable Harness Products: Orders equal to or greater than $2,500 will be shipped prepaid with freight allowed to delivery points in the continental United States. When orders cannot be shipped complete, freight terms on subsequent shipments are determined by the value of the original order. Accordingly, if the original order does not qualify for prepaid freight, like-wise no shipments including backorders against that order qualify for prepaid freight.
- Combined orders for standard Electronic Wire, Cable and Tubing products with a total value of $2,500 or more per single purchase order/release are eligible for prepaid freight. (Electrical Wire and Cable, Instrumentation/Thermocouple and special cables excluded).
- Instrumentation/Thermocouple Extension Cable: Freight prepaid on $3,000 or more per single purchase order/release. Scheduled or split shipments will be prepaid only if each shipment fits the above criteria.
- Electrical Wire and Cable (Control, Hi-Temp Wires and Power Tray Cable): Freight prepaid on 5,000 lbs. or more per single purchase order/release. Scheduled or split shipments will be prepaid only if each shipment fits the above criteria.
- Shipments will be freight collect, if negotiated prices fall below our best distributor column.
- All custom products and specials without exception are freight collect or prepaid and charged.
- Manhattan/CDT reserves the right to ship all wire and cable within industry tolerances of plus or minus 10% of the overall quantity and lengths unless otherwise specified at time of order placement.
- No allowance will be made for pick-ups at F.O.B. point of origin.
- Manhattan/CDT reserves the right to ship via its regular common carriers on prepaid shipments. The Distributor must pay freight expenses for selection of special freight carriers.
- Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Mexico and Puerto Rico shipments are F.O.B. shipping point per policy within the continental United States to port of exit. Freight will be prepaid or collect if requested at order entry to final destination.
- Manhattan/CDT reserves the right to consolidate low dollar backorders with new orders to optimize shipping charges.
The following are non-cancelable (customer to be notified)
- Custom constructions, non-stock colors or orders requiring special handling (i.e. modifications to standard put-ups).
- Products or items cut-to-length.
- Special products that will be identified prior to order acceptance.
Distributors may return current, standard catalog items as follows:
- Products must be purchased within the past ninety (90) days and must be accompanied with a copy of the invoice.
- All returns, are subject to inspections, and must be accompanied by a valid Return Authorization only good for thirty (30) days from date of issue. Returns without proper documentation will be rejected and returned to the customer at their expense.
- The Distributor must pay for the cost of the original outbound freight and the inbound freight charges.
- Returns are subject to a minimum 20% restocking charge or $50.00, whichever is greater.
- It is the distributor’s or his customer’s responsibility to inspect and report any shipment of incorrect items within 24 hours of receipt of material.
- Incorrect material must be returned in its original form and will not be accepted if the customer has cut the product or has installed the cable or insulation.
- Manhattan/CDT will not allow returns on non-catalog items, discontinued products, special colors or constructions, cut-to-length cables, tubing or excessively large quantities of products.
- All returns are subject to credit only if received by Manhattan/CDT in saleable condition.
To avoid penalties, all material returned to Manhattan/CDT must adhere to the following guidelines:
- All shipments must have a copy of an approved RMA securely fastened to the lead carton or pallet in a clearly visible position.
- All material must be packaged in a manner which will preclude damage in transit.
- 150 lbs. maximum, for all UPS individual packages. 350 lbs. maximum for total of packages in UPS shipment.
- Non UPS shipments (350 lbs. and over) must be palletized on 48″ x 40″ pallets, tightly wrapped in stretch wrap (or similar material) or banded to the pallet in the case of exceptionally heavy loads.
- Pallets must have markings instructing the carrier not to break down the pallets or double stack them.
Shipments exceeding 10,000 lbs. or 11 pallets, which are shipped collect, must be approved by Manhattan/CDT’s traffic department.
- Payment terms will be determined by Manhattan/CDT credit department prior to shipment as per Manhattan/CDT current payment terms policy.
- Standard payment terms upon credit approval are as follows:
- Domestic and Canadian Customers – 1% 15 net 30 Days
- European Customer – Net 30 Days
- Far Eastern Customers – Net 60 Days
- Middle Eastern Customers – Net 45 Days
- Central American Customers – Net 45 Days
- South American Customers – Net 30 Days
- Payment must be received within 15 days of the invoice date to receive the discount per the Standard Terms.
- The 1% discount offered is calculated on product cost only. Freight, taxes, and other surcharges are not discountable.
- Please direct any payment term related questions to the Manhattan/CDT Credit Department or Financial Services.
- Manhattan/CDT invoices clearly state the applicable discount for prompt payment and an invoice discount total. Invoices outstanding beyond payment terms are subject to a 1% service charge.
- Payment of each invoice whether or not such invoice covers the entire order shall be made in accordance with the terms of the invoice. If the Buyer fails to fulfill the terms of payment pf any invoice or if the financial condition of the Buyer shall become impaired or unsatisfactory to Manhattan/CDT, or if necessitated by any act or requirement of any governmental authority, Manhattan/CDT, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to change terms of payment and/or defer or discontinue further shipments, without prejudice to any other lawful remedy, until past due payments are made and satisfactory assurances of Buyer’s credit standing are received by Manhattan/CDT, or where such governmental authority shall have been complied with. Manhattan/CDT also reserves the right in the case of any of the foregoing events to cancel the order, in which event the Buyer shall compensate Manhattan/CDT for any commitments, obligations, expenditures, expenses, and costs the Manhattan/CDT may have incurred in connection with the order. Each shipment by Manhattan/CDT shall be considered a separate transaction and if payment is not received therefore within the periods specified Manhattan/CDT may bring a separate suit to recover the contract price of each such shipment.
Our manufacturer’s warranty applies as follows:
- All goods sold are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship.
- Manhattan/CDT’s only obligation is to replace goods that have proved defective in manufacture of workmanship within one (1) year of shipment; provided the product receives normal and proper use, and care in handling is exercised.
- If the goods should prove defective in material or workmanship within one (1) year after shipment, buyer must immediately discontinue use and promptly notify Manhattan/CDT giving Manhattan/CDT the right to investigate and inspect the material, sites, etc. without interference or delay.
- For any claims of incorrect or defective products installed, Manhattan/CDT must be immediately notified and must have the opportunity to test and verify at the site of installation.